-Content Expert Scott Shepard and Jessica Zawacki
As with all applications of positive behavior support, practices must align with its core features including:
- Collaboration with employers, coworkers, patrons, staff, families, and professionals
- Assessing people's skills, work requirements, and other factors that could affect success
- Comprehensive support plans that fit within and across settings
- An emphasis on quality of life for all involved
- Ongoing data-based monitoring to ensure success including job satisfaction and home life quality
This section includes resources focused on implementing positive behavior support in settings where adults of all ages are supported with competitive and supported employment, in the home, and other places within the community. Positive behavior support is essential to help people with behavioral challenges gain and retain meaningful employment, stable housing, and greater access to community resources.