This Employment section includes resources focused on implementing positive behavior support in competitive and supported employment environments, as well as vocational and other training programs (e.g., university-based) that assist people in working.
Positive behavior support is essential to help people with behavioral challenges gain and retain meaningful employment. As with all applications of positive behavior support, practices must align with its core features including:
- collaboration with employers, coworkers, and patrons,
- assessing people’s skills, work requirements, and other factors that could affect success,
- comprehensive support plans that fit within settings,
- ongoing data-based monitoring to ensure success and job satisfaction and
- an emphasis on quality of life for all involved.