This Systems section includes resources regarding implementing positive behavior support universally or within or across groups, organizations, or communities in which people with behavioral support needs function. It includes policy statements, manuals, and standards. Click on the name of each resource below to be redirected to it.
Positive behavior support at a systems level retains the same features described in other sections of this website, with these features being implemented at multiple levels (see graphic on “What is PBS” section). The features include:
- engaging multiple stakeholders through collaborative teaming
- assessing variables that may be influencing behavior
- employing proactive, educative, and functional strategies
- data-based decision making
- an emphasis on improving quality of life of individuals and the climate within systems.